Saturday, April 12, 2014

Day of lovely things

Today my sister Owl and I took a mini road trip to Tolt Yarn and Wool. What a wonderful shop! I want to stay there all the time. They have such a great selection of hand dyed and small-producer yarns! The staff are also really great - so friendly and really exited to talk about yarn. It's really a very special place.

I got 3 skeins of Yoth - two big sister and one little brother,  a skein of Twirl Petals, a skein of Madelinetosh Pashmina, and a skein of Hazel Knits lively dk.

I can't wait to get these babies on some needles! Wheeeee!

After our trip to Tolt we explored some woods and foraged some scotch broom, horsetail and nettles. The scotch broom and horsetail are destined for my dye pots, and the nettles went home with Owl for her soup pot. There were carpets and carpets of horsetail that weren't quite ready to harvest, but I guess that's a good excuse to head back out to Carnation before too long!

1 comment:

  1. They sell that same Madelinetosh at the yarn store down the street from my house and every time I see it, I go "Haha that's my name" like a ten year old. Also I love that picture of you and your sister!

    ReplyDelete